Snapshot: New Look. New Features. A Better Way to Manage Your Business. Pt 1
Posted by Gennine Cooper
October 16, 2019
Incserv’s client portal, Snapshot, has received a much-anticipated facelift! Gone are the ultra-saturated greens and blues – our new color template is clean, modern, and refined. The alerts page, camouflaged top navigation, and plethora of icons have been replaced with new features, clearer side navigation, and just a smattering of quick links that take you where you need to go.
We’ll discuss the new changes and additions in this blog. In our next blog, we’ll take a deeper dive into some of the changes that may not be as obvious at first glance, but will help you better run your business – whether you have one company or many!
The first thing you’ll notice –outside of the fresh, clean look- is a new way to login. Previously, there were two options to login, and we admit, it was a bit ambiguous as to which you should use. Each login is tied to different features in Snapshot – the main login with an email and password gives access to all features within Snapshot, with the other being much more limited. We wanted to remove that ambiguity as well as ensure our clients have the access they need, so we placed the email login front and center. But if you are sent by your attorney to Snapshot to file your annual report or pay your franchise tax, don’t despair – you can still login by choosing that option below the Login button.
The dashboard is gone and is replaced with a brand new feature – our calendar! Now every invoice, every franchise tax payment or annual report deadline, and every vessel registration renewal deadline is captured in one easy-to-track place so you can be sure you are up to date on everything that is important to your business!
- Green circles mean Green something is due that day. A click shows what the item is, and one more on the informational bubble takes you right where you need to go in order to handle that obligation.
- Use the arrows to go forward or backward to see what’s upcoming or what may have passed you by.
- Use the different views (icons to the top right of each calendar) to display the items in List or Detail view instead.
What’s important to you when you login to Snapshot? We chose the most-used areas and made them quick links at the bottom of the home page so you can get where you need to go quickly.
- File an Annual Report – for your DE corporation or LLC annual report & tax responsibilities
- Pay an Invoice – to take care of your annual registered agent invoice (or any other outstanding invoices)
- *NEW!* View your SOP – any SOP you have received for any of your entities is listed out on a brand new page, making it easy to see what has been received, all in one place
Entities and DBAs
Another exciting new feature is the inclusion of DBAs (also known as Trade Names or Fictitious Business Names) on the Entities page! Previously, we only included companies (LLCs, Corporations, LPs, etc.) on the Entities page with no mention of DBAs at all. Now if your company has a registered DBA, you can see them here! Expiration dates are also captured on the calendar so you can make sure you file the renewal on time so you don’t lose the name – or, even better, have us handle this for you! Email us if you are interested in getting more information about our DBA auto-filing option!
We only list the DBAs we know of here, so if you registered one yourself, we may not know about it. If you want it included in Snapshot, let us know and we can get this added for you! Please note, we do charge a nominal housing fee per DBA for SOP reasons.
There are so many more ways to help you manage your business than just these, however. We’ll take a look at the other parts of Snapshot (and how the changes enhance those sections) next week!
Sara Flanagan, Systems Analyst