Gennine No Comments

Chinese Embassy Closed for Chinese New Year

The Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC will be closed Friday, January 27th and Monday, January 30th for the Chinese New Year.

Our Washington DC office handles many of the services unique to the jurisdiction including embassy legalizations.   With 20 plus years of experience in the industry, our staff is familiar with the intricacies of dealing with various federal agencies and has a vast understanding of the many foreign embassies’ policies and procedures.

We are able to assist you with:

  • Retrieving your certified documents from the various Secretary of State offices to be authenticated for use in a non-Hague country or an Apostille for countries party to the Hague convention abolishing the need for embassy legalization
  • Submitting your notarized documents (i.e., Powers of Attorney, Secretary’s Certificate, etc.) to the Secretary of State for authentication/apostille
  • Hand delivering your state authenticated documents to the U.S. Department of State for federal authentication
  • Retrieving certified copies from the U.S. Patent and Trademark office for further authentication/apostille by the U.S. Department of State
  • Translation services for documents, when required by embassies
  • Personal submission of your duly authenticated documents to the embassies in Washington DC and/or Consulate offices nationwide for legalization

For assistance with any of these services, contact our team at

Gennine No Comments

It is crunch time!

It’s that time of year when many state and federal offices experience some slowdowns in processing time. For example, the turnaround time for the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC is now up to nine (9) business days.

Bear this in mind, if you have deadlines with completion dates of December 30th, it is better to submit your requests, as soon as possible.  Typically, during the holiday season, many embassies, local, state and federal government agencies will experience longer processing times.  Speak with your Client Services Representative today to discuss available expedited handling options.

Please note these turnaround times change rapidly and we will do our best to keep you updated on the changes as they happen.

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday.