Today, in Part Three of our Delaware Annual Report & Franchise Tax Series, we continue to delve into the specifics of completing a Delaware annual report. If you’re new to the Delaware Annual Report & Franchise Tax Series, click here to start at the beginning.
When completing the Delaware annual report for a domestic profit corporation, certain information is mandatory for all filers. Once filed, this information is considered public record, with the exception of the gross assets and issued shares.
- End of fiscal year date – For corporations not using the last day of the calendar year, the date will need to be updated to specify your corporation’s fiscal year end date.
- Principal place of business address and phone number – This is the physical location of the principal place of business for the location. Delaware Law requires the city, town, street and number. A post office box address is not accepted. You may use an international address.
- One officer – Only one officer is required, though additional officers may be added. The first and last name, title, and address of the officer are required. The officer authorizing the report must be listed.
- All directors – The names and addresses of all the directors as of the filing date of the annual report must be listed. The only exception to this rule is for an initial Delaware annual report or a Delaware annual report being filed in conjunction with a dissolution pursuant to Section 274 or 275(c) of Title 8.
- Signature line – The name, title, and address (no PO Boxes allowed) of the authorizing person must be listed.
- Gross assets & issued shares – When filing a Delaware annual report for a corporation not considered minimum stock, calculation information is also required. This includes total gross assets and issued shares.
Be sure to check back weekly or subscribe to the blog to follow along with the series. Next week we will begin to break down Delaware franchise taxes. As always, if you have a question in the meantime, feel free to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help you out!