California Name Reservations
Posted by Gennine Cooper
June 19, 2019
Corporation, Limited Liability Company (LLC) and Limited Partnership (LP) names may be checked for availability and reserved in the State of California. The following rules and guidelines are in place for California:
- A corporation name may be adopted if the name is not the same as or too similar to an existing name on the records of the California Secretary of State or if the name is not misleading to the public.
- A limited liability company name may be adopted if the name is distinguishable on the records of the California Secretary of State or if the name is not misleading to the public.
- A limited partnership name may be adopted if the name is distinguishable on the records of the CA Secretary of State.
Names are checked only against names of like entities registered with the CA Secretary of State (for example; a proposed corporation name is checked for availability only against other corporation names).
A name may be reserved in the State of California for a period of 60 days.
A preliminary search of a name can be made online with the CA Secretary of State, but this search is only a preliminary search and not intended to serve as a formal name availability search.
Incserv is here to assist with formal name searches and with name reservations in CA.
Prior to the lapse date of the name reservation, Incserv will verify the name reservation is still valid and send a notice of renewal, so the name remains secure for as long as needed. Please contact your Incserv representative at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or more information on this process.
Rose Redman, Assistant Vice President Operations
- Call Us: 800.346.4646
- Email Us: email@example.com
- Fill Out the Contact Form